Did you get my free Lightroom Mobile Presets yet? If not, you can grab them below. Once you’re done, head back here and I’ll show you how to install them.
Got ’em? Great!
Now let’s install them.
If you’ve never installed Lightroom presets before, it’s takes a minute or so, but once you’ve done it you get beautiful edits at the click of a button, so it’s really worth it.
I’ve included loads of images here for you to follow, but don’t worry, it’s a simple process and once you’ve done it once it will be easy peasy!
Ready? Let’s go!
- To install Lightroom presets you’ll need the following apps installed on your phone
- Lightroom Mobile – Unlike the desktop version this is free and you can get it for Apple and Android phones
- An app that unzips files – I use AndroZip for Android, for Apple devices you can use Unzip. Both of these apps are free
- If you have an iPhone, you’ll also need to make sure you have the Files App installed on your phone.
- Optional – Dropbox. If you don’t have Dropbox you can also open the files on your browser.
2. Once you’ve got everything you need, click on the link in the email
3. The files are saved in Dropbox, so you can open this link in your Dropbox app, or in your web browser if you don’t have Dropbox. If you don’t want the Dropbox app, just click the X at the top right of the screen when you click on the link.
4. Now we need to download the presets. Click on the 3 dots at the top of the screen to bring up the menu
5.Then choose direct download. (If you are in the app it may say Export instead)
Once your files are downloaded, you’ll need to unzip them to install the presets.
These next steps are different for Android or Apple Phones. I’ll start with Android as that what’s I use. If you use Apple, skip to step 12
6. (ANDROID ONLY) As I use an android phone I’m using AndroZip. I open the app and then choose downloads
7. (ANDROID ONLY) Then I scroll to find the folder I have just downloaded, MBCC Sample Presets (Mine says 1 after it as I’ve already downloaded it, so don’t worry if yours doesn’t.
8.(ANDROID ONLY) Click on the folder and select Extract File Here (It doesn’t really matter where we extract the file as we will be using another method to find it in Lightroom)
Then, close the app
9. (ANDROID ONLY) Next, open Lightroom Mobile. To import the presets into Lightroom, click on the gallery icon on the bottom right.
10. (ANDROID ONLY) The gallery is sorted by device folders by default. Click on devise folders on the top left and choose time instead.
Now you will see the presets at the top of the screen
11. (ANDROID ONLY) Select all 8 of the presets.
Android users, skip to step 18
OK, these next steps are for Iphone users, Andoid users, skip to step… to install the presets.
12. (Iphones Only) Once you have downloaded the files from Dropbox, open your Files app and search for the folder you just downloaded.
13. (Iphones Only) Click on the folder you just downloaded and select move
Then choose Unzip.This will unzip the file, you don’t need to go in to the Unzip app.
14. (Iphones Only) Next, open the Lightroom App. Press the plus icon next to albums and create a new album
15. (Iphones Only) The album will be empty. Click on the dots in the corner and select add new photos
16. (Iphones Only) The choose Add Photos From Files
17. (Iphones Only) Select the photo and repeat steps 16 and 17 for all the images.
Now let’s move on to the next set of steps that are for Android and Apple phones.
18. Now the images have been imported into Lightroom, we need to make them into presets. This only takes a few seconds for each preset.
Click all photos (Android), or the new folder you created if you are using Apple.
19. You should see all the images you just imported (I’ve only got 7 here but you should see 8). Open one of them, here I’m opening Sorbet.
20. Once it’s open, click the three buttons on the top right and select Create Preset.
21. You’ll see the following screen. Make sure the same boxes are checked as below. Write the name of your preset at the top.
If this is the first preset your installing, you’ll need to create a new group for your presets. Don’t skip this step, it’s important to keep your presets organised, especially when you realise how amazing Lightroom mobile is and you start to download lots of presets.
If you have already created the new preset group, make sure it’s selected when you create your preset.
22. Click on the current preset group and select Create New Preset Group
23. Name your group MBCC Presets and press the tick in the top right.
That’s it, you’ve installed your first preset. Now you just need to go back and repeat steps 19 to 21 for the rest of the presets.
Using you presets is super simple too.
Simple install an image into Lightroom as in step ? and open it in Lightroom.
Then, scroll across the bottom until you come to presets
Select presets and choose the presets folder you want
Then, simply click on the preset you want and voila! Your preset is applied!
I hope you enjoy your new presets. If you’re need any help installing or using the presets feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you love the presets, tag your images #mamacameraclub so I can see what you’ve created.